ARE YOU AN UNDERREPRESENTED MINORITY COLLEGE STUDENT?
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PHYSICIAN?
ARE YOU A RISING 1ST - 4TH YEAR COLLEGE STUDENT?
6 week intensive pre-medical curriculum (inclusive dates to be announced)
- provides a solid premedical curriculum to introduce college students to selected topics in the life sciences
(biochemistry, biology, genetics, etc..)
- lectures on selected topics in primary care and subspecialty medicine
- visit local medical schools and meet admissions counselors and directors
- shadow and volunteer in clinics
- learn the basics of vitals, ekgs
- introduction to taking patient histories and physical exam
- explore countless career options in medicine
- white coat and closing ceremonies and presentations
- mock patient interviews/exams
- numerous educational excursions
- includes stipend of $800.00 per student
Applications open June 19 - 28, 2018
Scholars announced April 23, 2018
LOCATION: TO BE ANNOUNCED
college 1st - 4th year student
gpa 2.8 or greater
two recommendations, one from college professor and another from civic
or church organization
complete a personal statement of 500 words or more
submit your unofficial transcripts
INSTRUCTIONS:You must provide two references to complete this application. Please download your reference forms here. There will be instructions on the form for your recommender to submit the form. Once completed, please attach the reference forms to this application form by clicking the appropriate "Letter of Reference Button." If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE URBAN BRIDGES CHICAGO PRE-MED
BOOTCAMP WILL OPEN IN 2018.